The deadline to apply for press/media passes for Pop Con 2018 is Monday, May 21, 2018, at 11:59 PM MST.
Press/Media Passes for Pop Con 2018 are available for the following media outlets:
- TELEVISION & RADIO: AM/FM stations, Satellite, Local TV and National TV
- PRINT MEDIA: local newspapers, national newspapers, college newspapers, magazines, etc.
- INTERNET PRESS: Internet press passes are limited, and will only be granted if the following criteria are met:
- Host website must be active for at least one year.
- Must post original content on a weekly or bi-monlthy basis.
- Offensive websites or otherwise antagonistic towards our event, or guests will not be approved.
- Must have at least two verifiable social media pages with more than 500 followers each.
- Within a Google search, your site must appear on at least page two.
- Pass quantity is limited to two passes per application, with both pass holders working for the applicant website.
NOTE: If not approved for press credentials, you may purchase an event ticket and report on your attendance.
Obtaining a press/media pass does not guarantee interviews. Pop Culture Convention will not set up interviews with any celebrity guest of any kind that attend the event. Our featured guests are highly valued and we strive to provide a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for them. If failure to live up to this standard is seen from pass holders, Pop Culture Convention reserves the right to revoke all associated passes.
If granted a press/media pass, we ask (if possible) that an article/posting regarding Pop Culture Convention be done before the event itself. Doing so allows you to be added to our press/media mailing list.
NOTE: A confirmation email will be sent out upon acceptance. Do not assume approval and show up. Admission is required to attend, whether via a standard ticket, or press/media pass.
Upon acceptance, a confirmation email will be sent indicating where and to pick up your passes. Pop Culture Convention reserves the right to approve or deny any application. Such decision is final.
MEDIA RULES, REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES
- Registration for Pop Con 2018 will close on Monday, May 21, 2018, at 11:59 PM MST. NO on-site registration will be available.
- Approved applications are provided with complimentary admission.
- Passes allow for general admission, as long as space is permitting.
- Passes do not allow early access, special access, or guaranteed seating.
- Each pass is issued individually and is non-transferable.
- Inappropriate or offensive behavior will result in loss of passes.
- During the event, while celebrities are present at their booths, please ask the celebrities’ handlers for interview opportunities. Please inquire with the nearest volunteer that you would like to request an interview. They will point out the appropriate handler/agent to approach.
- Media is not allowed in the celebrity green rooms.
- Media is allowed into panels, as long as room capacity allows.
- During panels, the media can shoot photography or video. Please be courteous of attendees and avoid standing in front of those in attendance. Panelists have the right to deny photos and video during panels.
- Media is responsible for its own parking.